We're so excited about Cindy Woodsmall's latest book, The Winnowing Season, hitting the New York Times Best-Seller list!
As a blogger who has expressed interest in reading and reviewing Amish fiction, we'd like to invite you to take part in a contest to help spread the word about The Winnowing Season.
GRAND PRIZE: One winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card and a complete library of all of Cindy's books.
RUNNER UP PRIZE: 10 winners will receive a complete library of all of Cindy's books.
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Write up a short blurb about the book and embed the book trailer video on your blog or website. (Total entries = 2)
2) Write up a short blurb about the book and embed the first chapter on your blog or website using the Scribd embed code located here -- on the top of the page click on "embed" to grab the embed code -- see screen shot below. (Total entries = 2)
3) Post an original article on your blog or website that discusses one of the following themes: (Total entries = 3 per article)
What is it about Amish fiction that you like so much? When you go to pick a new book to read, why do you prefer to read Amish fiction compared to other categories? What is it about the Amish that appeals to you or intrigues you?
Compare and contrast the different Amish fiction authors. What sets each author apart? What do you like about each author's writing style? Which author do you most look forward to reading?
Write an article that outlines an Amish fiction trilogy you'd like an Amish fiction author to write. Talk about the setting (location), the characters (who are they, what do they do, what are their flaws or strengths), the storyline (what happens to the characters), etc.
Pick your three favorite Amish fiction book covers and post them in an article on your blog or website. Discuss each one. What do you like about the cover? What is it about the cover that compels you to want to pick the book up and read it? Is there anything missing that you would add?
4) Tweet about reading chapter one on Scribd or watching the book trailer video. Be sure to follow @CindyWoodsmall and include @CindyWoodsmall in your Tweet. (Total entries = 1)
5) Facebook about reading chapter one on Scribd or watching the book trailer video. Be sure to tag Cindy Woodsmall in your post. To tag Cindy in your post, simply type in @Cindy Woodsmall and wait for Facebook to show her fan page in the drop down. This will let Cindy know about your post. (Total entries = 1)
6) Create a pin on Pinterest about The Winnowing Season. (Total entries = 1)
Each of the six ways to enter mentioned above has an entry value associated with it. If you Tweet about the book, that gets you one entry into the contest. If you Tweet and Facebook about it that gets you two entries. If you post an original article on your blog, embed the book trailer video and Tweet about the book, that gets you six entries...and so on.
- Open to Blogging for Books members only
- Contest starts April 18, 2013 and ends May 1, 2013 at 11:59pm (ET).
- To enter the contest, choose from the entry methods listed below and then submit your contest entry through this form. YOU MUST USE THIS FORM to be entered into the contest.
- Winners will be chosen on May 2, 2013 and will be notified by email. Prizes will be shipped in early May, 2013.
- Questions? Email us at info@BloggingForBooks.org.